Weekly Prompt Subscription
For years, I have given my students prompts to help them generate new fiction. The prompts inspire the students to work on a specific task, take creative risks, and explore different elements of fiction writing. Here are some sample prompts I’ve created over the years that students liked:
• Start a story whose first sentence is, “My mother died fifteen years ago, but there she was standing in front of the hotel.”
• Write something in which you explore a stereotype.
• Write a story that’s at least 250 words. It should have a beginning, middle, and end. Now revise the story so that it is no more than 150 words. What did you learn from the exercise?
I’m now offering a subscription service. Every Friday, I will send out an original prompt to subscribers. You may use these prompts to take off in whatever creative direction you want. You may use them as weekly exercises. You may try creating pieces of flash fiction from them or even short stories. You may use the prompts to delve into longer works.
Above all, I hope the weekly prompts will help you enjoy writing fiction.
The service is $19.95 a month.
To subscribe, click on the button below.
See you on Fridays.
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Settings near the top of the page.
3. Click Payments.
4. Click Manage pre-approved payments.
5. Click Cancel or Cancel automatic billing and follow the instructions.
Or, you can contact PayPal Customer Service by phone.
Recurring payments are collected on the same day of the month. If the initial recurring payment falls on the 31st, PayPal eventually adjusts the billing cycle to the 1st of the month. If the initial recurring payment falls on the 29th or 30th, PayPal adjusts the billing cycle to the 1st of the month on the following February.